HIC Basketball League Rules
- Two players from each team MUST stay for another game to take stats. Inability to do so will result in technical fouls the following game.
- To qualify for playoffs, a player must play in a minimum of 4 games.
- A player must be suited with jersey and sitting on team bench during game, for game to be added to total game count.
- Players must wear League approved jerseys. A (pre game) technical foul will be assessed before the game for each player who does not have the proper jersey.
- Playoff seeding will be determined by record (WL). If multiple teams have the same record, seeding will be decided by head to head matchups and if necessary, point differential method will be employed.
- Every player on the roster is required to play every game (unless injured), minutes should be fair (Minimum of 3 minutes per half). Restrictions will be put on the team if this is not followed.
- There is ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGE in the times of games already scheduled. Any issues aside from rescheduling of games, e-mail Basketball@hicny.org.
- 16 Minute halves / 2 Quarters.
- 3 Minutes each Overtime.
- Jump Balls are awarded to opposite team of last possession won.
- 3 Sec. Offense violations in the paint.
- 8 Sec. Backcourt violation.
- 30 Second Shot Clock active in last 2 min of each half.
- Each team gets 2 time outs each half, unused timeouts carry over.
- Each team gets 1 Timeout in Overtime.
- Technical foul = 2 shots and turnover of ball possession.
- Each team with 7 team fouls in one quarter result in one and one shooting.
- Each team with 10 team fouls in a quarter result in Double Bonus.
- Substitution needs to done at the shot-clock table. Players must let the referee know about the substitution.
- If a team does not have 5 players, games continue with 4 players.
- If a team has 3 or less players to start, the clock starts 10 min after scheduled game and will run until the 4th/5th player shows up. Every minute that passes by, the opposing team gets 1 points each minute. Wait time stops at 10 minutes and the team with 3 or less players Forfeits.
- If both teams do not have at least 4 players by 15 minutes after a game starts, both teams are automatically forfeited.
- If a player is seen wearing earrings, bracelets, or necklaces during game, he will be charged with a technical foul.
- Game clock will be stopped during the last 2 minutes of the second half and final minute of Overtime(s). The only other time game will be stopped during game will be for technical fouls, referee time, or player injuries.
- In overtime, team fouls will be carried over, clock will be stopped at the 1 minute mark, and teams will be rewarded with one 20 second timeout.
- Each player gets 5 fouls. After the 5th foul, the player is ejected from the game.
- An ejected player can reenter the game via a team techincal foul. (opposing team shoots two shots and gets the ball). Each extra foul the ejected player acquires further will result in a tech for that team.
- If a player has been issued two technical fouls, player will be ejected from game and will be mandated to leave the court. Readmission into the League will be decided by League Officials
- Taunting of any kind will not be allowed; Technical Foul and warning of possible ejection of game will be issued to Player and team alike by Referee.
- A player MUST cover his knees. If proper attire is not worn, technical fouls will be handed out.
- Ill behavior shown by a player towards other players, Referees, HIC Organizers, HIC Volunteers, those watching the games and School staff will not be tolerated. Players will be dealt with accordingly.
- Foul language (Curses or words of that nature) is not allowed. Technical Foul will be assessed for every foul word.
- All players are requested to throw their garbage in proper disposal cans.
- All Players are responsible for their own belongings. Players are requested to bring in some form of bag by which they can store their personal belongings as well as personal beverages.
10. ANY PLAYERS CAUGHT FIGHTING WILL BE THROWN OUT OF THE LEAGUE! NO REFUND!